With the continued improvement to roads, canals and green routes across the city, there has never been a better time to start cycling to work. Birmingham Cycle Revolution will provide you with support to get you back on two wheels. If you don’t have a bike we can loan you one, if you haven’t cycled before we can get you trained up and if you don’t know the route we will plan it for you and even ride it with you if you want!
We can offer all of these FREE cycle services and activities in your workplace:
- Bike Loans Not got a bike? We can provide you with a hybrid commuter bike, helmet, lock and lights.
- Dr Bike Our qualified mechanics can conduct basic checks on your bike, ensure roadworthiness and make minor repairs.
- Organised Rides We offer a range of rides including 1-2-1 rides to help new cycle commuters and group leisure rides.
- Bike Maintenance Courses Our mechanics will teach you all the basic skills you need to look after your bike.
- Bike Breakfasts FREE breakfast events to reward staff who cycle in to work.
- Bike Security We can security mark your bike and give you advice on locking and protecting your bike.
- Journey Planning We can find you the safest and most scenic routes to work or for leisure and ride them with you.
Become a Top Cycle Location
Top Cycle Location (TCL) is an award for workplaces who demonstrate a commitment to supporting their staff to cycle to work. There are three levels of TCL, bronze, silver and gold, so even if your workplace is small or has limited numbers you can still get an award.
The Birmingham Cycle Revolution team can help organise a programme of FREE activities to create a buzz about cycling at your workplace and help meet the TCL criteria. Grants may also be available for eligible workplaces to help achieve TCL status.